The Township has received several inquiries regarding Halloween and, more specifically, Trick-or-Treating. The Governing Body will neither be endorsing nor prohibiting Halloween activities, but asks that those who chose to participate in any activity follow the recommended guidelines from the State as outlined below:
- In place of placing treats in bags, the candy should be arranged way so that they can be accessed but can’t be touched “multiple times.”
- Those distributing candy should have treats individually packaged so trick-or-treaters can “grab and go” with no shared bowl.
- Trick-or-treaters and those distributing candy need to wear masks.
- Groups should be limited to household members.
- Groups should stay local.
- Trick-or-treaters should limit the number of homes on their route.
- Social distancing is required for groups who are not all from the same household
- Handing out candy is not recommended.
- Those distributing candy should wash your hands repeatedly.
- Commercially packaged and non-perishable treats are recommended.
- Outdoor trunk-or-treat events can be held, but the number of cars should be limited for social distancing. Lines should be single-file and socially distanced. These events are permissible but not recommended. If these events are to be considered, please coordinate with the Township to ensure compliance with all local Ordinances and Motor Vehicle Laws.